Monday, December 8, 2014

Dian'jie Does Revan (ohh-errr) Part 1 - Backstory

Dian'jie does the Revan thing

Ok, time for a bit of a backstory to bring you up to speed.

Revan, a Jedi, then a Darth, then a Jedi again and disappeared. 300 years later, found by me (or you if you play SWTOR), released from his prison on a ship in a Maelstrom. (where else would you put a prison ship, really...)

Of course he is so grateful being released, and he looks pretty good for a 300 year old.

Note, being a Jedi knight I did something he couldn't. I killed the Emperor (unless you're a Jedi knight too, so I guess YOU killed the Emperor), which then  technically makes me better than Revan...so I'm not too worried about this new update. I can take him.

Since I've got spies on in the Empire (i.e. I rolled characters over there too) we know that

A. There's a bunch of nutjobs on Dormund Kaas calling themselves Revanites. I got Revans mask and just handed it over. WTF. Now if you want one you have to buy it off the GTN. And everybody and their grandmother has one now. What a trendsetter that Revan is.

B. After leaving the Jedi's 'counsel' to wander the universe again, he reopened the star forge to create a new infinite army and basically commit genocide on the Sith species (according to the toaster you kill in the Foundry, that's around 93% of the Empire, and Revan's a 'good' guy...wowzers).

Fast forward to recent events.

Revan I guess has decided that the only way to have peace in the galaxy is to butcher the Empire AND the Republic and have a new order with himself at the helm. .. .. .. ooohhhkkkaayyyyy.

Unfortunately as previously stated there are some nutjubs in the Empire that support Revan (ironically a Sith pureblood is at the helm of one faction...you know, the species Revan wanted to eradicate...go figure) and some Colonel.

So I get drafted into attacking Korriban to get some info. Sure. Done. BUT WAIT, Tython is attacked at the same time. Amazing. The two most inaccessible hunks of rock in the galaxy. FOUND/INVADED. Foul play. Gosh no way! So it's off to Tython to rescue another sacked Jedi temple. (I don't think we should have temples anymore, we clearly can't protect them.)

So I now get sent off to Manaan after my contact gets suspicious over the colonels orders...ok, I like sushi so lets go.

During the fun underwater we discover, the colonel and a sith are in league together. No my friends. Yes it is true! The shock. Of course they're not worried about me or my party and calmly wander off. HEY, do I LOOK like James Bond?

So, of course we kill another robot and escape. Hot on their heals we arrive at a new hunk of rock, Rakata Prime, where the infinite army is supposedly getting built.

We bust up the party, kill the colonel and his sith buddy and dum dum dum. Along comes Revan and his fleet comprised of Republic and Empire starships, a large holo of Revan outlining his plans, confident we won't be able to stop him as he's going to bombard Rakata Prime from orbit.

Guess what. We got off and didn't die.

And now, it's expansion time bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment